16th Street Baptist Church
Our vision is to have Bible-centric ministry that will Reach, Rebuild and Reproduce Disciples through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our mission is to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to encourage the cultivation of a personal relationship with Him.We are, therefore, committed to Evangelizing the Sinner, Exalting the Savior, and Equipping the Saints.
Philosophy of Ministry:
In order to accomplish our mission we will faithfully pursue seven basic philosophies in our ministries:
- EXALT the Savior through dynamic worship.
- EVANGELIZE the Unbeliever through outreach.
- ESTABLISH the New Believer in the basic doctrines of the faith.
- ENCOURAGE every Believer to cultivate an intimate, personal relationship with
- EQUIP every Believer to do ministry through gift identification.
- EDIFY one another through the exercising of spiritual gifts.
- EMBRACE one another so that everyone feels loved, cared for, and accepted and
enjoys being a part of our fellowship.
Designated a National Historic Landmark after it was the location for a racially-based attack in 1963, the 16th Street Baptist Church is a tribute to the inspirational story and sometimes terrible events of the American Civil Rights Movement. The traditionally African American church was bombed in the midst of the movement, resulting in the deaths of four innocent children and prompting the oppressed African Americans to make an even stronger push for their civil liberties. Restored but still bearing the marks from this attack, the church is located just a few miles north of the University of Alabama at Birmingham and hosts an active congregation
16th Street Baptist Church is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media