About the Museum:
Originally founded in 1702 at 27-Mile Bluff up river, Mobile was relocated in 1711 to the current site where a temporary wooden stockade fort was constructed to protect the town. It was named Fort Louis after the old fort up river. In 1723, construction of a new brick fort with a stone foundation began. Renamed Fort Condé in honor of King Louis XIV’s brother.
Fort Condé protected Mobile and its citizens for near